Are Porcelain Veneers Satisfied? The question is one of the important questions that people who research before the porcelain veneer treatment process begins. One of the factors affecting this question’s curiosity; the experience of the physician and the correctness of the treatment plan.
Are Porcelain Veneers Satisfied? Is porcelain veneer good? You can contact our clinic for answers to your questions.
Porcelain Dental Veneers
Porcelain tooth veneer method is the application of veneers made of porcelain materials on the teeth of the individual. High quality materials are used during the process, which is carried out in accordance with the color and shape of the teeth of people.
Porcelain coating is as follows;
- First, the tooth to be treated is cleaned with a special tool.
- The necessary thinning is done on the tooth so that the porcelain coating to be made later can fit. This thinning process typically ranges from 0.5 mm to 0.7 mm
- After the tooth thinning process comes the mold removal process. This process is done with traditional methods of molding or three-dimensional imaging technology.
- The mold and image are sent to the laboratory with the desired dimensions and the production phase of the coating is started. This period usually lasts about two weeks.
- Until the porcelain tooth veneer arrives, temporary veneers are made so that the cut teeth can be used comfortably and the teeth are not damaged.
- After the veneer is delivered to the dentist, the dentist tries the veneer by placing it in the patient’s mouth for rehearsal. If there is a problem with the sample, it is sent back to the laboratory for correction. If the sample is good and the dentist was unable to make minor revisions, it is sent back to the laboratory for polishing.
- The veneers, which come from the laboratory as polished with their final form, are attached to the teeth with a special adhesive and the process is completed.
The Importance of Coating Quality
The quality of the veneer can be shown as an important factor affecting the satisfaction of those who have porcelain veneers. In particular, the quality of raw materials plays an important role in terms of appearance, naturalness and aesthetic expectation. The material quality must be good for the service life of the coating and also for its resistance to mechanical forces. We can understand from the patients who come to our clinic to be treated for the second time that the patients who have porcelain veneers that do not use quality raw materials are not satisfied.
We can say that it is more advantageous in terms of cost, as the coatings do not have to be renewed in short periods when quality raw materials are used. In this case, it will change the satisfaction and comfort of patients who have porcelain veneers. In addition, the difference in the distribution of the raw material within itself may cause different colors to be seen on the coatings placed at the same time as time passes. Therefore, before having this procedure, patients should research dental clinics working with quality laboratories and make their decision on this axis.
Importance of Treatment Planning and Design
Although laminate and porcelain teeth are tissue-compatible materials, if they are not done correctly, they can cause gingival recession, pain with the progression of recessions, a feeling of breathing under the veneers, and a feeling of accumulating nutrients in the place where the veneer is. Incompatible coatings can cause the coatings to fall off after a short time of use, which causes patients to be dissatisfied with the coatings made.
Before starting smile aesthetics, the dentist should check whether the patient’s gums are healthy. Because porcelain teeth should be on healthy gums. If necessary, the patient should undergo gingival treatment before smile aesthetics and the treatment should be started after waiting for the required time. Although patients are impatient for a beautiful smile aesthetic with veneers, this step is very important for them to be satisfied. In order for porcelain veneers or laminates to fit and harmonize perfectly with the teeth, it is critical to take a good measure of the teeth.
The dentist chooses the compatible tooth color with his experience, taking into account the wishes of the patients, and tells the laboratory about the color, tooth shape and dimensions necessary for smile aesthetics. Facial photographs are taken from the patient and forwarded to the dental technicians. Thus, the design to be created according to the patient’s facial features is better understood.
Porcelain Dental Veneers Prices
Tooth veneer prices vary according to the number of teeth and the quality of the materials used, as in other types of veneers. This coating process is more expensive than other processes. The most important reason for this is that the materials used are compatible with the teeth and give a natural tooth appearance. At the same time, being durable and aesthetic is one of the reasons for the high price.
Dent Ümitköy Clinic stands out among the porcelain dental veneer options in Ankara with its quality services. You can contact us for porcelain tooth veneer application and other applications.